Quelle est la valeur d’un territoire ?
It can be rich in economic activity, natural capital, infrastructure, brands and know-how.
All the players in the region are therefore mobilising to meet the environmental, societal and economic challenges of tomorrow. Beyond measuring the overall value of a territory, such a study makes it possible to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the territory, whether they are visible or not.
Why measure the value of a territory?
For the territory
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the territory
- Valuing the value of the territory in euros
- Differentiate by communicating its overall value, particularly those of intangible assets
For public organisation
- Measure the impact of a public policy on the territory
- Justify the relevance of strategic decisions by analysing the impact of different investment scenarios on the territory.
- Communicate on its impact on the various assets of the territory. Here the company must be of sufficient size.
- Make progress by implementing a strategy to create value for the territory.
How is the value of a territory measured?
Since 2003, Goodwill-management has been measuring the intangible value of companies. In 2011, it is developing a methodology for measuring the value of countries: Thesaurus-Territories.
This methodology is based on the work of the World Bank, which the firm complements with its expertise. As for the company, the territorial value depends on the assets that constitute it.
3 steps are necessary to measure its value:
Collect economic, social and environmental data.
Evaluate the richness of the territory in a different way by assigning a score out of 20
Financially value all the assets of the territory
To go further
- Imaginer une stratégie de création de valeur sur le territoire
- Ou encore étudier l’impact d’un projet sur la valeur territoriale.
L’étude devient alors un outil d’aide à la décision pour les acteurs du territoire. Ils sont ainsi en mesure de comparer différents scénarios et de piloter les investissements vers les projets ayant la plus forte valeur ajoutée pour le territoire.